Pumpkin Walnut Roll
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (black or english)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Set eggs out and let come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375 f oven.
- Beat eggs on high speed of electric mixer for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar, pumpkin (solid pack), and lemon juice.
- In separate bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & salt. Fold into the egg mixture.
- Spread in greased & floured 15x10x1 (jelly roll) cake pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup chopped walnuts. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately turn out of pan onto cotton tea towel that you have sprinkled with appox. 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Roll up starting at the narrow end, rolling the towel and cake together. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, pumpkin, butter and vanilla. Beat on high speed till light and fluffy. Unroll cake carefully and spread filling covering edge to edge. Carefully roll cake and place on serving platter (you will not use the towel this time). Dust the roll with approximately 3 TBS powdered sugar (give or take, according to your tastes).
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour before serving or overnight. Slice and serve. Can be served with whipped cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Missouri born and bred. Raised in a family of awesome cooks and bakers! I love to cook, bake breads, pies. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone moan or sigh with delight while eating something I've made.