Pumpkin Pie Wontons
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 16 packaged wonton wrappers
- granulated sugar, for dusting
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place one wonton wrapper flat on work surface.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp.
- filling into center.
- Moisten edges of wonton with water and fold in half to form triangle.
- Press edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wontons.
- Arrange filled wontons on ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly coat wontons with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle each with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake until golden, about 16 minutes.
- Turn and bake 2 more minutes.
- Set baking sheet on wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This were an interesting twist to pumpkin pie and pretty good! Nice low fat alternative.First batch we followed recipe exactly, but in second batch we added a couple spoonfuls of cream cheese, 1/4 tsp of vanilla, and a handful of chocolate chips. these were delicious. They had that extra punch. The cream cheese made it fluffier and the chocolate melted in your mouth. Yumm...
Made these for Thanksgiving and they were a hit! I made half the batch according to the recipe and the other half with some cream cheese mixed in. They're definitely better when dipped in whipped cream, but everyone enjoyed them. I recommend trying them filled with recipe #55173 Carrot Soufle, which tastes very similar to pumpkin pie, but with less spice flavoring. The recipe made at least double the amount of wontons - probably 30-35 and I still had half a package of wonton wrappers left over, so I would recommend doubling the recipe to use all the wonton wrappers or filling the remainder with something else, but you will get more than 16 pumpkin pie wontons out of the recipe!
see 26 more reviews