Pumpkin Fruit Cake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin, fresh not canned
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 lb dried mixed fruit (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons plum jam or 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup (honey if you are in the States)
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 large eggs
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined 8 inch square tin (needs to be deep).
- Bake at 170oC for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, or until when cooked when tested.
- Note - Blached almonds can be added to the top of this cake prior to baking to make it look pretty.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br />As a toddler, my nic-name was Pompom (my Poppy had a golf hat with a pompom and it was one of my first words, and it stuck as my nic name). My Poppy has long since passed, but I fondly remember him every time I log on. I'm a stay at home mum of four aged: 10, 8, 7 and almost 6. I have a severe egg allergy and am lactose intolerant, I enjoy working out ways to still enjoy food minus eggs and milk. I have been married for 14 years and have one very happy and well fed hubby.<br />My goal is to try one new recipe a week, for the past 8 years have achieved this. I own over 300 cookbooks, but no longer purchase them - but regularly print out recipes to try later.<br />When I am not cooking, I am busy household of 6 and going to the gym (to work off the wonderful calories I consumed the day before) and helping at school and church.<br />My philosophy in life is: as we have to eat, we may as well eat well.</p>