MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These will take you back to the time that you spent with your Grandmother. They are wonderful with a cup of coffee while you are reading your favorite book.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb dried prune, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- . Chop the prunes and then combine them with the 1cup sugar, 1teaspoon cinnamon and 1cup water. Cook until thickened, about 8 minutes on medium stirring constantly to prevent burning. Cool thoroughly.
- Cream the 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Add the 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, 1 teaspoon salt and 1teaspoon of the cinnamon. Blend until crumbly.
- Put 1/2 the amount into a buttered 13 X 9 X 2 pan. Press down in pan.
- Spread the cooled filling over the bottom crust.
- Sprinkle the remaing crumb mixture over the filling, pressing down lightly.
- Bake for 27 minutes at 350* until light brown. Cut into squares when cooled. May be stored in the refrigerator . Let come to room temperature before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION