Primal Breakfast Casserole
photo by shellyd23
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 12 eggs, from happy free-range chickens, with grass under their little scaly feet
- 1 lb pork sausage (watch ingredients!)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, medium, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped (or grape or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese mix of your choice)
- Brown pork sausage over medium heat, drain (and save fat to cook with later that day!) and let cool a bit.
- Scramble 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- Chop onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, whatever you are in the mood for, and add it to the eggs.
- Add cream.
- Add 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar (shred it yourself and you won't be eating the potato starch they use to keep pre-shredded cheese from sticking. who cares if it sticks? It's cheese!).
- Finally add the slightly cooled off cooked sausage.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Use butter to grease the 13x9 casserole dish and spread the mixture evenly in the dish.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve with bacon!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a full-time working mom of 3 and married to a great guy who also loves to help me cook, as long as I give him a recipe to do it! We're striving to serve healthy, yummy foods with a range of ingredients and flavors to our kids.