Prawn Stuffed Chicken Drumsticks
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 lb prawns, cooked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- Skin the chicken legs making sure to leave the meat intact.
- Using a small sharp knife, scape the flesh from the bone up toward the top of the leg. Pull the meat over the knuckle so as to form a cup ready for stuffing.
- Shell and devein the prawns. Chop prawns into small dice and mix with the cornstarch, sugar, salt and a grind of pepper.
- Stuff the cups of the meat with the prawn mixture.
- Combine the eggs and milk.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the seseme seeds.
- Dip stuffed legs into the egg milk mix and then into the breadcrumbs, do this twice.
- Heat oil in deep pan at medium heat. place chicken iinto oil and cook till golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with salad or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY