Praline Cake Filling
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter (2 Sticks)
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- evaporated milk (as needed for thinning)
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and slowly whisk in evaporated milk.
- Return saucepan to stove and bring mixture to a boil again.
- Boil, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 232 degrees.
- Remove from heat, stirring for a few minutes and cool to lukewarm.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Beat until mixture is smooth.
- If mixture is too thick add evaporated milk one tablespoon at a time until mixture is of spreading consistency (approximately 1/4 cup or possibly a little more).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in the south we are very lucky to have an abundance of fresh seafood and other ingredients at our disposal when trying new recipes. My husband and I both love to cook and have learned a lot about cooking from our native Louisianian, Paul Prudhomme (we learned to be very careful with his recipes as they are very spicy - even for us), native New Orleanian, Frank Davis and transplanted Emeril Lagasse. It would be very difficult to pick an all time favorite cookbook since I have approximately 200. I enjoy collecting local cookbooks as well as others from different areas. This picture is obviously when DH and I got married. I cooked all the food and even made my wedding cake.