Power Crunch Bars
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 mini bag orville redenbacher's smart pop microwaveable popcorn (34 g)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 15x10-inch shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and margarine in large bowl using electric mixer on high speed. Add water and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture; blend well. Reduce speed to low and add cranberries.
- Cover hands with plastic gloves or sandwich-size plastic bags. Incorporate popped corn into cookie dough. Spread mixture in pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into 24 bars. Store in tightly sealed container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!