Pound Cake Waffles
- Ready In:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest or 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- In mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, stopping to scrap bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until blended. Add zest and juice. In small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to blend well. On low speed, add flour mixture, in three parts, alternately with buttermilk, in two parts. Mix just until blended, stopping to scrap bowl often. Batter will be very thick. Spoon batter onto hot, greased waffler and bake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum, oh, yum oh yum! Tastes just like pound cake for breakfast. My only disappointment is that it only made 4-5 waffles. With 1 c sugar and 1/2 c butter, I kinda expected a lot more. Will use these as my base for strawberry shortcake this summer. And they'd be great for waffles & ice cream. Definitely a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Homebase Entrepreneur. For fun I enjoy traveling to new places...I try to collect cookbooks where ever I go even to another state. My favorite cookbook the one my mother put together before she had her stroke. So Flo-Flo's Food for the Soul. Pet peeves...people who don't even try to cook!