- Ready In:
- 3 3 tablespoons bacon grease or 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch discs
- 8 medium garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt fat in a heavy 12" skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potato slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until potatoes are well-browned, about another 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add 3/4 cup water and salt; cover tightly. Simmer until potatoes are cooked through; add more water if the pan gets dry before the potatoes are done. Potatoes are done when the point of knife slides in and out of the center of a slice easily without resistance. Add parsley, season to taste with pepper and more salt, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!