Potato Silk With Truffle Oil
photo by iris5555
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces about 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk, heated
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white truffle oil (or more to taste)
- white pepper
- Cover potatoes in cold, salted water in medium saucepan set over medium heat and gently cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain; return to saucepan. Mash until smooth; transfer to processor. Bring milk to simmer in heavy small saucepan.
- Add hot milk, butter, and truffle oil to potatoes; blend until smooth. DO NOT OVER BLEND or the consistency will be gummy.
- Season with salt and white pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Stir over medium-low heat to rewarm.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I know that these are not supposed to be like mashed potatoes, but I did cut back considerably on the milk (to about 1/3 cup). I think my potatoes were a little less than 14 oz total weight as well so a cup of milk would have resulted in potato slush rather than silk. The first time I made them I didn't put them in the food processor--you can tell by the first photo that they're not nearly as appealing. I made them again and did use the food processor and they were beautiful in appearance and taste.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy anything from 'spray cheese' on Ritz Crackers to foie gras torchon on toast points