Potato Pan Rolls
photo by AaliyahsAaronsMum
- Ready In:
- 1hr 2mins
- 4 1⁄2 - 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rise yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- additional all-purpose flour
- In mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- In saucepan, heat water and butter to 120*-130*.
- Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 6-8 minutes).
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 16 pieces and shape each into a ball.
- Place in two greased 8 or 9 inch baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- Sprinkle with additional flour (optional).
- Bake at 400* for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These turned out great! I wanted something a little quicker than the traditional potato roll dough recipe, this didn't disappoint! I rubbed a little butter on top after they were finished baking and sprinkled with a bit of sea salt, oregano & garlic powder to accompany our spaghetti dinner tonight. This was a perfect use for leftover instant buttery mashed potatoes (made with water). Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful rolls! We LOVED it! Quick to make as well without the initial rising. I had the heater on in my kitchen so it had doubled in size within 50 mins. I too sprinkled a bit of flour on top. Everybody enjoyed it! Thank you, Marlene, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making this again!
Came out of oven, poof gone! What a great recipe! I appreciated no chilling time, because I wanted to serve these with dinner, and did! Delicious, prepared recipe as stated, although rise time for me was a little longer due to a higher humidity today, as stated by Breezytoo, times due vary. Added a bit of flour to top, for presentation. Thanks for another great recipe, Breezytoo!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Pretty much says it all , doesn't it.