Potato Casserole With Fried Onions
- Ready In:
- 6 large red potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (42 g) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can durkee real French-fried onions (or more if you like)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make a thick white sauce of butter, flour and milk and add the Italian seasoning packet.
- Dice or slice the potatoes into the cream sauce.
- Add in the parsley and mix to combine.
- Turn into large well-greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and French fried onions.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
Join The Conversation
I made this recipe on 9/13/12 for the Patatas/Potatoes Spain Tag Game in the Spain/ Portugal Forum. Since I needed only a small amount the recipe was made as follows: 4 small red potatoes,and boiled until almost fork tender. For the dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix, I used about 2 teaspoons of Recipe #63812. I didn't have the parsley,so that was left out. And I reduced the amount of cheese to 3/4th.cup and the onions were cut down to 3 ounces. For me,this was cooked to perfection at the suggested 30 minutes. I just have to tell you the taste of this recipe was completely " Off The Hook ". I WILL so make this again. Thank you so much for posting this recipe and, " Keep Smiling :) "