photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease and flour two 9 x 9 x 2 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and eggs and beat together until creamy. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon rind mixing thoroughly.
- Add the milk to the batter, once combined, then blend in the shortening.
- Divide the batter between the two pans, flatten out and smooth the top with your fingers.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until the cake is golden on top, and a cake tester comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!