Portabella Pizza (Raw Foods)
photo by Prose
- Ready In:
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces tahini (raw)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos or 1 tablespoon shoyu, sauce
- 1 large tomatoes
- 8 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Clean and stem the mushrooms and turn them upside down. Pour the juice of one lemon over them.
- Make tahini dressing by mixing the tahini, juice of 1/2 lemon, garlic, cayenne, and Braggs. Add warm water as needed to make a creamy consistency. Spread over the mushrooms.
- Top with tomato slices and fresh basil leaves (if desired). I like to cut each mushroom into four "pizza slices.".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Pleansantly surprised!! I'm not a huge fan of Bragg's but I really wanted to give this recipe a try & I'm very glad I did!! The tahini mixture is very strong but when you put it all together the blend of flavors is amazing!! I will probably be using this dressing again for all kinds of things. Definitley a keeper!! Thanks Prose! Made for Veg*n Swap 26!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/451456/Paula+Grad+18.JPG I'm a grad student and also teach at two different schools, so I need some fast/easy recipes. I try to eat vegan, and most of my creations are also gluten-free because my husband is Diabetic/Celiac. I don't post any recipes I have not personally tried and liked.