Pork with Pineapple
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork fillet
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces pineapple, chopped,fresh or tinned
- 1 finely chopped green chili pepper (optional)
For the marinade
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Cut the pork into thin strips about 5cm/2in long.
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Add the pork, mix well and leave to marinate at room temperature while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Drain, discarding the marinade.
- Heat a wok over a high heat until it is hot, add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds or until golden brown.
- Add the pork and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the pineapple, coriander, chili if using, soy sauce and sugar and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmmm this was delicious! I used fresh pineapple and dry sherry with a jalepino pepper. Didn't have any fresh coriander, so used a little dried and added about half a red and half a green sweet bell pepper. We will certainly be having this again, delightful over plain brown basmati rice. Thanks for sharing a really nice taste!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, my name is Bonnie and I am a very beautiful cat as you can see if you look at the picture at the top of this page.... What??.. I am supposed to talk about you??? But it says here: About Me!! Well all right then ...... My mom is Dutch and has moved to England in October 2007, after living 15 years in the Netherlands with my English dad. They don’t have any human children and “created” their own family, which means I have to share them with Hannah, she is a 6 years old tortie cat, Abby the dog, she is a 9 year old Beagle, and a one year old black Miniature Pincher named Poppy, I refuse to tell you my age but I am a georgious lilac British Shorthair cat!! It is obvious she adores pets just by looking at her name she uses on Zaar (many on Zaar call her Pets or Petsie Poo), her name in real life is Annelies and that is a common Dutch name. My mom always liked to cook, but since she joined Zaar it got out of control, and it doesn’t help that she is disorganized. Printed recipes everywhere in the house, the recipe binders have got bigger and just between you and me, her hips too!!! I have lived in Holland all of my life until now, but they lived in several different countries/places:- desert and coastal Oman, up North and West in Holland, Vancouver-Canada, Aberdeen- Scotland and in Norway they lived in Bergen and Oslo. We have all moved together to England, as you can see I’ve already learnt the language! I heard her say to Dad that this is the last time she moved to another country...she's had it with moving from one place to another! ( its her age...she's getting grumpy) Mom is 55 years old but I always hear her say that the date of her birthday does not mean that much to her, the date of her cancer anniversary is more important, because so far she is a survivor. Besides cooking she has other interests too, crafts, gardening and soap making. She likes Zaar and is one of the hosts on the German-Benelux Forum here on RecipeZaar. She would like to thank everybody who tries and comments on the recipes she has posted on Recipezaar, your feedback is very much appreciated. <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/completedbanner.gif"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Animation1.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/4treasurehunt.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>