This is a simple local Chinese dish -- a typical low-fat, everyday meal served with hot rice. From an old Hawaiian Electric Company cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean pork
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, crushed
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 3 green onions, cut in 2-inch lengths
- Thinly slice pork. Heat oil in skillet; brown pork. Add soy sauce, water, sugar, onion and ginger root.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Gently stir in tofu; simmer a few minutes longer.
- Add green onions just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation