Pork Medallions With Mustard-Caper Sauce
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, sliced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- Using meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten pork rounds slightly to an even 1/2-inch thickness (if the cuts aren't an even 1/2 inch). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pork to plate.
- Add shallots to skillet and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cream. Boil until sauce is thick enough to coat spoon, stirring up browned bits, 3-5 minutes. Mix in capers and mustard. Return pork to sauce. Simmer mixture until pork is heated through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Im 40 years old and live with my husband and two year old son in eastern WA. My husband has a 14 year old daughter who lives near Seattle with her Mom. She's here with us during the summer and school holidays. My husband and step daughter are a little picky so sometimes it's hard to get them to try new things. Hubby's more likely to try than she is. I just keep trying. I'm a nurse and work full time in an orthopedic clinic. I've worked there for about 4 1/2 years. I've always loved my job but since I had my baby I find that I'd rather be home more. Plus after working all day I don't always feel like cooking when I get home which means we eat take out more than we should. I found this website a couple months ago and just love it. I spend a lot of my time browsing through all the recipes. <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p>