Pork Fried Rice
This recipe is pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it. You can double it to feed a crowd or you can freeze what you don't eat. We love it with fresh snow peas from our garden - just add a tossed salad and a dinner roll and you have a meal.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- pork tenderloin
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄4 head of small cabbage
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- light soy sauce
- regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice, uncooked (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- Cut tenderloin in half (freeze remaining or you can use it all in this dish).
- Slice tenderloin into bite size pieces.
- Dust with flour.
- Grate carrots, celery, and cabbage (either grate or finely chop).
- Finely chop garlic, thin slice green onions.
- 1st pan- heat 3 tbs oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil, when hot add tenderloin and cook until no longer pink, add garlic at end, cook for 3 minutes, then add 3 wooden spoonfuls of lite soy sauce, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add veggie's into the meat, stir and cook about 5-10 minutes.
- 2nd pan- heat 2 tbs oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil unti hot- add dry rice and coat with oil, stir for 3 minutes until light brown.
- Then add water and stir.
- Take meat and veggie's and add with rice, add curry powder.
- COVER with tight fitting lid (I use foil to seal the pan) over medium high heat for about 25 minutes.
- Stir twice to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Mixture will be wet- test rice to see if done.
- Once rice is done remove the lid, lower heat add 2-3 wooden spoonfuls of regular soy sauce and cook until pretty dry.
- Should take about 10-15 minutes.
- You can add- frozen pea pods or corn durning the last 15 minutes.
- This will freeze well!
- To make enough for 6 people use the whole tenderloin, triple the amount of carrots and celery and cabbage.
- Do Not increase sesame oil or curry powder.
- Use 2 cups dry rice and 6 cups water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I hate to change a recipe and review it, but I HAVE to tell you how much I enjoyed this! I just ate my last spoonful of rice, and wondering if I have enough ingredients to make another batch! Had to omit the cabbage due to allergies; and for some reason, changed the water to vegetable broth at the last minute. WOW, was this good! Hubby loved it too! Thank you!Reply