Pork Chops Francaise
photo by The Miserable Gourm
- Ready In:
- 4 thick pork chops
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Trim and rinse pork chops and pat dry.
- Heat a large frying pan with 3T butter and 1T olive oil over medium heat.
- Set aside 1T flour.
- Dredge pork chops in remaining flour, shaking off any excess.
- Whisk egg and water and dip floured pork chop into egg mixture allowing excess to drip off.
- Fry in heated pan until golden, turning to make sure they are evenly browned.
- Once browned, remove from pan and place into a casserole dish.
- In the same pan that you cooked the pork, lower the heat and add 1T butter, scraping the bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add wine and simmer 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, flour, lemon and parsley and whisk to thicken.
- Pour sauce over pork chops and bake, covered in a 375 oven for 40-45 minutes until tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in New Jersey with an Italian mother, and Ukranian father. Needless to say I developed a love for a wide variety of foods! I love the Polish Ukranian influence my paternal side brought forth, as well as the traditional Italian cuisine from my mother's side of the family. For me, I have a passion for chocolate and desserts! I always use real butter, rich cream, sugar, and real vanilla, but I understand why we substitute them, and believe all of my recipes fare well with the substitutions, if you choose to do so. I only use salt in my potatoes, so don't expect to see too much of it in any of my recipes!Every recipe I publish has been time tested, and tasted, and raved about! So I guarantee, you'll be happy with every one you try! Thanks for visiting! I hope you come back again!