Rolled pork belly stuffed with seasoning.
- Ready In:
- 1 pork belly (Skin lightly blanched)
- 1 cup garlic (Peeled-smashed)
- 1 cup thyme (picked)
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons maple powder for pork
- 4 lemons (juice)
- After blanching the pork belly in salted water, pat dry and use a Fork to puncture the skin multiple times to draw out moisture. On a hotel pan, spread out the garlic and thyme and place the belly skin side up. Cover the skin with salt and allow to sit overnight.
- Next day - wipe away the salt thoroughly. Season the inside with the garlic powder, maple powder, chili flakes, salt, and lemon juice. Use a butcher twine to roll the belly tie into a cylinder.
- Bake in a convection oven at 425 degrees, for 30 minutes, then pat the skin dry. Turn over to 350 and cook for another 90 minutes of until internal temperature hits 135 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note