Pork Belly Ramen
The best way to enjoy both pork and noodles.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1⁄2 cups king brown button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 5 scallions, sliced whites separated from greens
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 servings of fresh wheat noodles
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 1⁄3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Pour rice brain oil into a stock pot and cook of onions, white part of the scallions, garlic and ginger for 5-7 minutes on medium-heat or until caramelized.
- Stir in the chili paste and cook until aromatic, before adding the mushrooms and stirring for a further 5 minutes or until mushrooms get a slight brown edge.
- In a small bowl whisk the miso paste and 1 cup of stock before adding to the pot of mushrooms, then add in the rest of the stock and the soy sauce to the pot.
- Bring to a boil turn heat to low and cover with a lid, allowing to simmer for 1-3 hours.
- In the time the broth is simmering cook the pork belly. Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.
- Rub pork belly all over with salt and pepper then place on a rack above a baking sheet into the oven to cook for 90 minutes to 2 hours or until pork belly is cooked through. Turn oven to hottest temperature and blast belly to get crispy skin for 10-20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, using a spoon, carefully place the eggs in, set a timer for 5 minutes 45 seconds. Once alarm goes off shock eggs in a bowl of ice water and peel.
- Using same pot of water, bring it back to a boil and add the noodles for 1-2 minutes or until it reaches desired consistency.
- To serve add noodles to a bowl, poor over miso broth and top with 3 slices of pork belly. Sprinkle over green scallions and serve with black sesame seeds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation