photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 6 cups popcorn, air-popped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread oats on an ungreased baking sheet & bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, popcorn, raisins, dried fruit & sunflower seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine margarine, sugar, honey, cinnamon & nutmeg & heat over a medium setting until margarine is melted.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture, then toss to coat.
- Best when served right away!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
For some reason the oatmeal did not stick to the popcorn the way I wanted it to. I went ahead and added more of the butter etc. hoping it would make the oatmeal stick and it just didn't. The flavor's were really good together, but the oatmeal sunk to the bottom of my bowl. For my dried fruit, I used a combination of dark raisins and a dried citrus blend of raspberries, cranberries golden raisins and mandarine orange flavored apples. It's from Welch's. A great snack...but for future reviewers I would go with what Syd suggests and eat right away as otherwise it gets soggy.