Plum and Almond Pudding
- Ready In:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the plums, cinnamon, lemon zest and brandy together in a bowl, then leave to macerate while you make the batter.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then tip in the flour and ground almonds.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Tip the fruit into a buttered shallow baking dish, spoon over the cake batter, then sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Test if the pudding is ready by inserting a skewer.
- If it comes out clean, the pudding is ready; if not, give the pudding a few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>