Pistachio Pie Crust
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
1 9-inch tart
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted shelled pistachio
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachios until finely ground. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter with the granulated sugar at medium speed until pale, about 1 minute. Add the ground pistachios, almond extract and salt and beat until combined. Add the flour and beat at low speed until incorporated and the dough is crumbly.
- Scrape the dough into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Using the bottom of a glass, press the dough over the bottom and up the side of the tart pan. Refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F Prick the dough all over with a fork. Bake the crust for about 45 minutes, until lightly golden. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for a pie crust recipe to serve with my lemon pie. Oh my goodness! This was absolutely amazing! One of my guests said it is the best lemon pie she has ever had. Before we took our first bites we were all talking about how much we love lemon pie. I used lime curd in mine because I love the tartness and sweetness it offers. I then talked about the crust I made using pistachios and they were definitely interested. I wasn't sure if I'd like it because the pistachios are completely ground up. I can say that I LOVE IT! My husband is asking me to make it again, and we still have half a pie left from last night. This recipe is easy, I had all of the ingredients on hand, and is delicious! The almond and pistachio flavors rise to the top when slicing into the pie. It's a keeper! Thanks, food.com.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!