Piri Piri Sauce
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 14 red chilies, chopped, I used a mix of finger chilies and habaneros and left the seeds in (fresh or dried, soak dried ones in water for 2 hours, then drain)
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lemon balm
- 1⁄4 cup minced fish mint (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (nothing too flavourful)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a jar and freeze or store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"