Pineapple-Cherry Upside Down Bundt Cake
photo by LuvMy66Vette
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Evenly pour the melted butter into the bottom of the bundt pan and top with the brown sugar.
- Cut the pineapple rings in half and, alternating with the cherries, place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes together. Add the reserved pineapple juice and milk. Add the eggs and vegetable oil, and mix until fully blended.
- Pour the batter evenly over the pineapple and cherries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, following the cake mix instructions for a bundt pan, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for about 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges and inner ring of the pan. Invert onto a serving plate and slice between pineapple rings to serve.
- When you add the reserved pineapple juice and milk in step 4, they should equal 1 cup of liquid. If you like, you can first pour the reserved pineapple juice into a liquid measuring cup. Add enough milk until you have 1 cup of liquid. Add the liquid to the combined cake-and-pudding mix, then proceed with the recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!