Pineapple and Peach Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted, melted (plus additional for coating dish)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 6 tablespoons juice)
- 20 ounces canned peach halves, in light syrup, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour.
- Gradually stir in the cheese.
- Add the pineapple chunks and peaches, stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole.
- In a medium bowl stir together the 1/2 cup melted butter, reserved pineapple juice, and the cracker crumbs, stirring with a rubber scraper until evenly blended.
- Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in southeast Virginia and am an executive secretary for the Army. I love to cook and love food. I have a picky, picky 8-yr old, but he is a true blue chocoholic and budding cook! I have two beautiful granddaughters who visit often. I am teaching them to cook too. <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif> <br> <br>I<img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg>