Deep Fried Pickles (Bread and Butter) With Honey Mustard Dipping
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all purpose
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- salt and pepper
- 48 bread and butter pickles, sliced (from a 16 ounce jar)
- FOR THE SAUCE.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, mustard, mayo, and honey until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use).
- FOR PICKLES.
- In a heavy pot, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 360 degrees.
- Put the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in a second bowl, and the cornmeal in a third bowl. Season the flour and cornmeal with salt and pepper.
- Dip the pickles first in the flour, shaking off excess; dip into beaten egg, then dredge in the cornmeal to coat. Lay on a baking sheet.
- When all the pickles are coaed, fry them in batches in the hot oil about 30 seconds or until brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fried pickles to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve pickles hot with dipping sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in southeast Virginia and am an executive secretary for the Army. I love to cook and love food. I have a picky, picky 8-yr old, but he is a true blue chocoholic and budding cook! I have two beautiful granddaughters who visit often. I am teaching them to cook too. <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif> <br> <br>I<img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg>