Pine Nut and Raisin Pasta Sauce
photo by Tuck Burnette
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- chopped parsley (optional)
- pasta, cooking water if desired
- Set the pasta water to cook with a copious amount of salt.
- Soak the raisins in the stock. Microwave them on high for 1 minute, if desired. Set aside.
- Put the oil, garlic and chili's into an 8-inch skillet with a generous pinch of salt, (and black pepper, if required).
- Set the heat to medium or medium-high, sizzle, without stirring, until the garlic becomes colored a faint gold.
- Add the raisins with their liquid, the mixture will bubble abruptly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the wine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little water, if desired.
- Transfer to a tossing bowl and pour in the sauce, add parsley if desired. Toss well. Coat each with the sauce.
- The raisins will likely gather in the basin, for presentation purposes, it is wise, to transfer the hot, cooked pasta to a serving dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!