- Ready In:
- Cut the mushroom stems off at the cap level.
- Place the heads in boiling salted water.
- Simmer till they sink to the bottom.
- Boil marinade water with peppercorns and bay leaves for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Stir till dissolved.
- Add the vinegar, bring to a boil.
- Place the mushrooms in small jars.
- Cover with hot marinade.
- Close the jars.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Use for canapes and salads, or as appetizers.
- Yields 4 1 fluid pint jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"