Pickled Gherkins Recipe -Quick and Easy
- Ready In:
- small dill cucumbers.
- brine, using 225 g salt to each 2 litres water.
- spiced vinegar.
- Place the gherkins in a saucepan, and cover with the brine.
- Bring nearly to boiling point. Do not actually boil, but simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and leave until cold, then pack into (clean ,dry warmed jars) jars, and cover with spiced vinegar, preferably aromatic.
- Spiced vinegar.
- Place the vinegar and Pickling Spice in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, boil a minute or so and remove from the heat.
- You can pack and pour the vinegar when it cools if you prefer and use vinegar covers. I pour the vinegar on while still hot and seal straight away,( using mason jars, warm the jars first !).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!