Perfect Yeast Rolls
Another wonderful recipe from Myers Park Presbyterian Church cookbook "Count Our Blessings".
- Ready In:
- 2 packages dry fast rise yeast
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup real mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 -8 cups bread flour (can use all-purpose)
- Soften yeast in 2 cups warm water.
- Blend Crisco into yeast mixture. Add sugar, salt, flour, potatoes and beaten eggs, mix well.
- Cover bowl with damp towel(I use linen) and let dough rise until doubled in bulk.
- Shape rolls and let rise again for 1 to 2 hours.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful recipe for rolls!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, which resulted in 10 nice sized rolls. I had to make one change, I had the butter flavored Crisco, but it was two toned when I measured it out, and when I looked at the "best used by date" it was from 2011. I threw away the Crisco and opted to use regular butter, which really turned out great, so a very versatile recipe!! Thanks for sharing your recipe and congrats again on your win in the football pool!!Reply