Perfect Poached Eggs
- Ready In:
- Fill a 10" high sided frying pan with water until near the top.
- Add salt and vinegar to the water and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in separate small bowls (coffee mugs work too!).
- Once the water boils, remove it from the heat and add both eggs at the same time on opposite sides of the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let sit for 3-1/2 minutes for a soft yolk or 4-1/2 minutes for a firmer yolk. Lift from pan with slotted spoon and serve.
Join The Conversation
This is one of the easiest recipes I have comes across and gives great results, the only change I will make is keep it at 3 minutes as at 3 1/2 minutes my egg white were beautifully cooked but the egg yolk had just begun to set and would have liked a little runnier. thank you Grooved Pavement, made for Healthy Choices tag game.