Perfect Grilled Burger
photo by Joanne
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, 80/20
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Heat your grill over medium/high heat.
- place ground meat and worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- mix to combine, do not over mix.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions.
- Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper.
- Brush the burgers with the oil.
- Grill the burgers for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for 4 minutes on second side for medium rare.
- Add the cheese, if using at the last minute of cooking time and tent the burgers with foil so the cheese can melt completely.
- Sandwich the burgers on the toasted bun and top with lettuce and tomatoes, ketchup, pickles anything you like. And serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi, I'm Joanne from Brooklyn, NY. I'm a foodie! I love to cook, and share recipes.</p>