Perfect Boiled Custard
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Truly perfect. Perfect for trifles, perfect with fresh fruit, perfect with caramel sauce, perfect on its own.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat eggs in top of a double boiler on medium speed of an electric mixer until frothy.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt; stirring well; gradually add to eggs, beating until thick.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot milk into egg mixture; add remaining milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring water in bottom of double boiler to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, or until custard thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour custard into serving bowl and chill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more