MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Betty Crocker.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb halibut fillet (1-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets (2 x 1/2 inch pieces)
- 3 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell peppers or 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup water, hoisin sauce, garlic, gingerroot, soy sauce, vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch; set aside.
- Cut fish into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Mix remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch and the sherry in a medium glass or plastic bowl; stir in fish until coated.
- Spray nonstick large skillet or wok with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon chili oil; rotate skillet to coat sides.
- Add in fish; stir-fry 2 1/2 minutes or until fish flakes easily; remove fish from skillet.
- Add remaining chili oil to skillet; add in broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, onion, and remaining 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender (5-7 minutes); add more water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir in hoisin sauce mixture; cook and stir until thickened; stir in fish; heat through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION