Peanut Butter Buttons
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Place butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high until very creamy.
- 3. Beat in ½ cup (125 mL) sugar until well blended. Then beat in egg yolks, one at a time, scraping down sides as needed. Beat in vanilla and then flour until combined.
- 4. Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar in a shallow dish. Form dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, and roll in the sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Use your finger to press into centre of each dough ball to form an indent.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, place a peanut butter cup in indent and then continue to bake until golden and set, about 6 to 8 more minutes.
- 6. Remove to a rack to cool completely. When completely cool, dust with icing sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!