Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- If using a baked pie crust, pre-bake in a 9" pan and cool before proceeding.
- If using a crumb crust, prepare a 9" pan accordingly.
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth using a mixer on medium speed.
- Gently spread the peanut butter mixture in an even layer into the prepared pie shell, including the sides of the pie crust. A rubber or silicone spatula works well.
- Press sliced bananas into the peanut butter mixture, "standing up" around the sides of the pie shell, and a layer in the bottom.
- Cook the pudding mix according to box directions, cool five minutes and then pour into pie shell over the bananas.
- Smooth the pudding, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or whipped topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Colorado Springs. I enjoy collecting, reading and trying recipes from old cookbooks -- they are always an interesting window into domestic history. I enjoy learning classic cooking techniques and then applying them to home cooking. I am currently working on learning about the five "mother sauces" and the variety of sauces that can be made from them. But I'm also a big fan of plain old mid-western farm cooking, too, which I learned from my grandmother and mother.</p>