Peanut Butter and Apple Crumble
This is delicious served with whipped cream!
- Ready In:
- 4 cups apples, thinly sliced and peeled
- 1 2⁄3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour, plus
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, stir together the apples, peanut butter chips, 3/4 cup sugar and 2 T flour.
- Spread into the prepared pan; dot with 2 T butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 1/2 cup flour, oats and cinnamon; cut in the remaining 4 T butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over apples.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and the edges are bubbly.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
More then wonderful more then flavorful and such a nice surprise for folks to taste the peanut butter chips with the most delightful crumble topping sitting happily on this apple goodness. I followed this exactly, and it came out beautifully. This was luxurious, the aroma from the oven will draw everybody from all over the country-side. Will make this often and next time will make some homemade ice cream to go on top. Yum! Thank you so much, Lainey!Reply
see 5 more