Peaches and Cream Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 50mins
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups peeled and finely chopped peaches
Fresh Peach Topping
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup peach preserves
- In a bowl, stir the crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon together; add melted butter; stir until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Stir in whipping cream; fold in peaches.
- Pour mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; decrease temperature to 225° and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off; return the cake to the oven for an additional 1 hour.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Make the topping: toss together peaches and lemon juice; arrange on top of the cheesecake.
- Chill until serving time; just before serving, in a small saucepan, heat peach preserves.
- Drizzle warm preserves over the cheesecake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!