Peach Pecan Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Finely chop 1 cup peaches; set aside.
- In blender container, combine remaining peaches, butter or margarine, eggs, the reserved peach syrup and lemon juice.
- Cover; blend just until smooth.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add egg mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in reserved peaches and nuts.
- Turn into a greased 8x8x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Spread with peach preserves.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool on rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This bread is terrific! It actually seems more like a coffee cake to me, because it's very moist and cakey. It has a great flavor, and the peach preserves added just the right amount of sweetness! I left out the pecans for dietary reasons, and it was done in about 45-50 minutes. I was also unable to remove it from the pan because it started to fall apart, but it turned out great anyway. I will be making this frequently. Thanks, Theresa!1Reply