Peach Oatmeal Quick Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Drain peaches; cut into small pieces; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add oats and peaches.
- Stir lightly to coat peaches.
- Beat eggs well; combine with milk and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into greased (or sprayed) 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted near center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
- Wrap in foil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in southern California, about 14 miles from the Pacific Ocean. I'm a retired (early) nurse. I am also a clergy person. <br />I enjoy traveling, but haven't had the time for much, and my latest craft/project is restoring old lamps. My husband makes the rounds at thrift shops for used and abused lamps, and challenges me to revive them. He has found some doozies, but I've yet to find one I couldn't reclaim. <br />I am married for 30 years, have five children and four grandchildren, a Pekingese, three Chihuahuas and three cats. <br />I enjoy gardening, and even in the tiny back yard of my town house, I manage to grow tomatoes and green beans each year, along with as many flowering plants as I can squeeze into the limited space. I enjoy cooking for people and sharing recipes. My all-time favorite cookbook is Betty Crocker's Cookie Book. It is a classic! <br />If I had a month off and money to burn, I'd spend the time in San Francisco---my favorite city. I've definitely left my heart there!</p>