Paula Deen's Batter-Dipped French Fries
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- oil (for frying)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil to 325° in a deep fryer or a large deep pot, no more than half full.
- Slice potatoes into wedges (peel or leave on potato skins).
- Fry potatoes for 2 minutes and drain, allow to cool off.
- Turn oil up to 360°.
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and black pepper and set aside.
- In another bowl add evaporated milk.
- Dip cool potato fries in evaporated milk than into flour mixture.
- Fry 5-10 minutes or until browned.
- Drain on paper towel and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were OK. I used two pounds of potatoes and am glad I only measured out less then half of the flour and milk. At that there was still leftovers to toss. The wedges need to be thin wedges we found or the first cook time a little longer maybe 3 minutes . We found they browned wonderfully but could of been cooked inside just a bit more. I took half the flour and added just the S & P we found these ones a bit plain and in the second bowl of flour added a Chipotle Chili powder. Nicer flavour. I might try these again to the first cook and dip stage and freeze them. Made to Celebrate French Fry Day July 12 in the Everyday is a Holiday tag ( an Andi special tag)