Pat's Pork Chops
Pork chops in mushroom gravy
- Ready In:
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- onion powder
- garlic powder (to taste)
- water (about 1/2 cup to dilute the soup)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet,brown pork chops,both sides-- sprinkle with spices of your choice (paprika helps brown them) In a separate bowl-- dilute soup with water,and use a whisk to get rid of any"lumps" When pork chops are browned-- remove and set aside.
- Pour in soup,and deglaze skillet.
- (This will make the soup mixture brown,and flavourful!) return the pork chops to the skillet, and allow to cook until done.
- Spoon some of the soup mixture over the chops while cooking.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and cooked baby carrots or any other favorite vegetable.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I often make my porkchops with mushroom soup - I think of it as true comfort food. I sprinkled garlic flakes with roasted peppers on top and since I was making oven fries I baked it instead of using a skillet. I baked the chops for 1 hour at 350F they were tender and moist! Thanks for reminding me how good this comfort food is!