Pasta With Ricotta & Edamame
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (I use part skim)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb rotini pasta or 1 lb other short pasta
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped basil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (not in oil)
- salt and pepper
- Stir ricotta with parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente.
- Add edamame to pot for final 3 minute of pasta cooking time.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water before draining pasta & edamame.
- Add pasta & edamame to bowl with cheese mixture with 1/2 cup of cooking water (If mixture is too dry, add more of the water 1 tablespoons at a time until creamy).
- Stir in basil & sundried tomatoes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe. I bought edamame for the 1st time & was happy to find this recipe. Only changes I made was cut the pasta back abit and used cottage cheese vs ricotta. Rather than pasta water I threw in 2 Tbsp of plain yogurt which added nicely to the flavour & was the perfect consistency for us. This recipe is a definate keeper, thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> Love to cook as healthy as possible but will not compromise on flavor. I hate Splenda.</p>