Pasta With Green Vegetables and Herbs
Adapted from a recipe in Gourmet magazine, this is great with fresh peas and herbs from the garden.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook asparagus in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling well-salted water until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large heatproof bowl.
- Add peas to boiling water and cook 2 minutes. Transfer peas with slotted spoon to bowl with asparagus.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions, until al dente.
- While linguine cooks, add 1 tbsp olive oil to sauté pan. add garlic and onion, cook until softened. add zucchini and sauté until al dente. sprinkle with thyme, add to asparagus mix.
- In a food processor pulse basil, mint, oil, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup feta in a food processor until chopped, then add to vegetables.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Stir reserved cooking water into vegetables, then add pasta, parsley, scallions, and remaining 1/2 cup feta and toss.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION