Pasta Salad with Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb fusilli
- 12 ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 3 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup minced pitted oil-cured black olive
- Blend first 5 ingredients in processor till tomatoes are coarsely chopped and set dressing aside.
- Cook pasta till tender but still firm to bite, drain, transfer to large bowl.
- Add dressing to hot pasta, toss to coat.
- Cool pasta, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, parmesan and olives, toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Cover, chill.
- Bring to room temp.
- before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This got rave reviews from a wedding shower group.Double the amount of mozzarella and definitely use the fresh or buffalo mozzarella it makes all the difference. The dressing is soooooo flavorful. I made extra maybe like one and a half times the amount called for in the recipe and used it all in the salad.