Pasta E Fagioli Mix
photo by lets.eat
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried great northern beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried pinto bean
- 1⁄2 cup dried red beans
- 1⁄4 cup dehydrated onion
- 1⁄2 cup dehydrated mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder or 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 cups bow tie pasta or 1 1/2 cups penne pasta, tied up in a little mesh bag
- Pick through beans.
- Combine with all the ingredients except pasta, which you want to tie in a little mesh or plastic bag.
- Place in a decorative jar, tie with a ribbon and give with 1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes and: In a large stockpot, combine bean mixture and 12 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours, or until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes and pasta, simmering for 10 minutes more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!