Pasta and Spinach With Ricotta and Herbs
This recipe is courtesy of Chef #452940 's Recipe #255542 combined with my own inability to read instructions before proceeding to cook dinner. Fortunately, the result was tasty, so here it is - with their blessing!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb pasta (I used penne)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (or mascarpone cheese)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Thoroughly toss pasta with the cheese mixture and reserved cooking liquid. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We had this for dinner tonight using shells and it was a pretty good dish. We felt that the ricotta did not go too well with the spinach/pasta though and we would perhaps use cream cheese and sour cream for the sauce next time. Overall, we liked this dish and the butter was the perfect amount. :)Reply
see 3 more